Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

BlackBerry 10 Simulator problem...

It seems that my laptop isn't capable of handling the prerequisites in hardware for the BlackBerry® 10 Simulator and now I'm in a pickle.. Because I obviously need to be able to test my apps.. Is there by any chance any advice one can give me to get over this obstacle??? I was thinking, is there perhaps a web based BlackBerry® 10 simulator that I could test on??? Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BlackBerry 10 Simulator problem...

there is no way to solve this problem...if u hava a blackberry z10 or q10 u can use it as testing device....otherwise there is no solution for this...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry 10 Simulator problem...

You could try and use the Ripple emulator for testing.  Unlike a fully-featured simulator, Ripple is an extension for the Chrome browser that tries to emulate the look & feel of the BlackBerry 10 screen. It doesn't have the ability to simulate all platform APIs, but can emulate some (e.g. many of the WebWorks APIs):

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

Note, Ripple is for use on mobile web page and/or BlackBerry WebWorks SDK and/or PhoneGap development.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.