Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
daniloercoli
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK for Mac

I've just installed the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK for Mac by following the instructions here: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/05/blackberry-10-webworks-sdk/#more-9131

but got some errors trying to start the app within the Ripple emulator.

Basically, I did the following steps:
- Download and Installed the SDK
- Copied the file webworks.js from the SDK folder to the prj folder
- Linked it in the HEAD tag of the index page
- Installed the Ripple Browser Extension for BB 10
- I tried to open the prj in Chrome by using the Ripple extension and got the following error: "Failed to load resource : http://localhost:8472/blackberry/extensions/get"

(I tried by disabling the Ripple extension, but the result is the same).

I also tried to package my app with the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK by following the instructions here: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_developing/Package_your_BB10_app_with_WW_...
but got compilatons errors like the following:

[ERROR] Failed to find feature with id: blackberry.ui.dialog

Have i missed something during the installations?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK for Mac

[ Edited ]

I can't help you with the first issue, I can just confirm I am getting it on my app and a sample app I have. Hopefully one of the RIM people can figure it out.

For your second issue, you need to tweak your config.xml file for BB10: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_developing/Code_sample_Creating_a_BB_Widg...

Unfortunately as far as I know the new Dialog APIs are not complete yet so you can't use them.

The only features I am sure it has right now are:

<feature id="blackberry.app" />
<feature id="blackberry.invoke"/>
<feature id="blackberry.event"/>

More APIs will appear as they are completed but there is no ETA that RIM has given at the moment.

Edit:

looks like system is also available:

<feature id="blackberry.system"/> 
--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there,

Rory's got this one right. In order to use the Dialog APIs:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.ui.dialog.html

You need to include the following in config.xml:

<feature id="blackberry.ui.dialog" />

However, this feature is not available in BB10 yet.

With respect to:

"Failed to load resource : http://localhost:8472/blackberry/extensions/get"

Where are you seeing this error? Is it a popup dialog box and at which stage does it show up? (i.e. have you already picked your platform, etc.) Would it be possible to provide a screenshot for just a little more context?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes

It happens for me on every page load, appears to be before WebWorks is fully ready to go, I was ignoring it but I can see how it might be confusing.

JS console on a page load (happens every time) platform is already selected:

Screen Shot 2012-05-04 at 3.22.00 PM.png

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Thanks for that clarification Rory. I'll try and get some confirmation/insight on this ASAP, but a part of me thinks that this may not arrive until Monday. I'll circle back as soon as I have something here.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
daniloercoli
My Device: Not Specified

oros wrote:

Hi there,

Rory's got this one right. In order to use the Dialog APIs:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.ui.dialog.html

You need to include the following in config.xml:

<feature id="blackberry.ui.dialog" />

However, this feature is not available in BB10 yet.

I know I need to include that line in the config.xml, I already have a WebWorks app out there, and was trying to see it running on the BB10.  I've opened this thread because I was astonished that blackberry.ui.dialog is missing from the SDK. A lot of other features are missing, blackberry.utils for example.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes

To RIMs credit the missing SDK pieces are because the are re-writing them directly in C++ rather than through Air so it will take them some time to get them all back into place.

As a temp solution you can actually tweak your app to get the sizing right and then compile it with the latest TabletOS SDK, since it wraps it in Air they .bar file will deploy with no problem to the DevAlpha, I already have 2 of my apps deployed that way just to see what they look like.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Please use plain text.
tneil
My Device: Z10

Yeah, I've been using the WebWorks Tablet OS SDK for now until the features I need find their way into the BB10 SDK. Apps written in the old PlayBook SDK work on the new Dev Alpha.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

>> I've opened this thread because I was astonished that blackberry.ui.dialog is missing from the SDK. A lot of other features are missing, blackberry.utils for example.

We completely appreciate the fact that developers are interested in more WebWorks APIs and guarantee that they are coming.  The BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK is currently a BETA product, and will continue to iterate in the coming months with new releases, during which you will see support for new APIs being added.  

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.