Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry 10 + <canvas> + Got Game Port-a-Thon

Hello everyone,

This is a common topic we've been discussing over the past two weeks so I wanted to make this post to ensure developers are aware of the following:

1) In the current public release of the BlackBerry 10 OS (10.0.9.1103) combined with the WebWorks SDK (1.0.3.8) there is a known <canvas> issue which prevents content from being rendered in a lot of cases.

2) This issue has been addressed and implemented into our latest builds, and should be available in our Gold SDK/OS release tomorrow (Dec. 11th.) Note, I say should be because until the actual release build is confirmed, things can change.

3) The approval deadline for Got Game Port-a-Thon resubmissions has been extended until December 23rd.

This means that the recommendation would be to use the Gold SDK / tools to repackage and test your applications that experienced issues as a result of <canvas>. If you still see issues, let us know.

WIth the approval extension, this should hopefully give you some extra time to ensure your application is working as intended before resubmitting. Note that December 23rd is an approval deadline, so it would be best to submit earlier to ensure you get approval by that date. Of course, only resubmissions of applications originally submitted during the Port-a-Thon will count towards your rewards.

Feel free to ask any questions here.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: BlackBerry 10 + <canvas> + Got Game Port-a-Thon

Question: the deadline is for the what specific Port A Thon? Is this for the 2nd online port a thon? Will the Gold SDK include all the packagers? Android, webworks, native? Thank you
Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

The deadline is for the first Got Game Port-A-Thon.

If you submitted an app during the Port-A-Thon and it was not approved you can re-submit it 1 time and if it's approved by December 23rd the app qualifies for prizes.
oros

Just to add, we're being pretty lenient on the number of resubmissions.

Regarding the Gold SDK (re: nemoryoliver's question), new tools for each platform are available.

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hay Eric,

Problem with my Game  when we are testing on the Dev alpha A and B with the Previous Build its Running fine For Hours i have tested it on Both devices, But i don't know what is going Wrong when i test on the Latest Update Build 395620 on BB Alpha Dev B .. Kindly Enlighten me on this ......... just need some info on this Its ARGENT and i will correct the setting on the other application i am developing ...

i am using the Latest BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.5 and updates Ripple 2 days Ago ... App is Running fine with simulator and the Previous ver of Dev Alpha A with Os ver 10.0.9.388 Build 320287 All is working Well and Fine , But when i run on the Dev Alpha B Os Ver 10.0.9.1675 Build 395620 it Game Starts 1st comes the Splash Screen then Game Starts But the Game Runs Very very slowly and After 1 min of game When the Level changes the Game Quits Automatically...

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros

Hi there, just got your email about this too and will get in touch today. Just doing a bit of catchup from the weekend.

Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ok Eric Take Your Time :smileyhappy: 

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Developer
swactonp
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I am running out of time, 36 hr is too short

Please use plain text.
Developer
swactonp

will there be round 3 Port-A-Thon? If so, I will be much prepare this time.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
netcom1155

Jan 31 is the release date, If it does, it will be before the relase date I think.

Please use plain text.