Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4 simulators do not work :(

Dear BlackBerry Developers,

I cannot get BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4 simulators to work.

I installed both Java SE Development Kit 6 Update 14 (64-bit) to C:\jdk1.6.0_14 and JRE to c:\jre6. then I

installed the executable BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4. When I run the MDS, the command prompt is displayed

for a few seconds, then disappears. Obviously java executable cannot locate some classes. I've already

checked the path environment variable and it's set to:

C:\jdk1.6.0_14\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)

\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio

Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared\;c:\Program Files (x86)

\Bioscrypt\VeriSoft\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32

\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

I also checked the setBMDSEnv.bat.

There's no environment variable named JAVA_HOME or CLASSPATH.

I'm stuck and need help.

Thanks in advance,

Burak

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4 simulators do not work :(

I run the command and get the following exception:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simu
lators 4.1.4\MDS>java -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -DK
eystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceAppli
cation -log.console.dump
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/rim/application/i
pproxyservice/IPProxyServiceApplication

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Burak