If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ProfHawking
My Device: 8300>9000>9700>9900>Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Signing Tool for Tablet OS Now Live!

@Cesar

I belive you will need to reapply to rim for a new signing key specifically for the playbook. I think they are different to the smartphone keys.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Cesar_Vanatur
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

@ProfHawking You are right.

In the url  https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/   we can choose Tablet or Smartphone.

(I must see before post ...  :smileyfrustrated:)

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kairos
My Device: Bolf 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for this post! I was having a lot of trouble with signing until I followed your steps.
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Just a note to everyone... on 0.9.4 there is a slight change in the syntax. The signing tools do not accept the backslash in step 3. Instead you should use a dash

NOT WORKING:   bbwp "c:\workingdir\HelloWorld.zip" /gcsk #CSKPASSWORD# /gp12 #P12PASSWORD# /buildId #BUILDNO# /o "c:\workingdir"

WORKING:    bbwp "c:\workingdir\HelloWorld.zip" -gcsk #CSKPASSWORD# -gp12 #P12PASSWORD# -buildId #BUILDNO# -o "c:\workingdir"

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
abramski
My Device: Torch

Yes, we changed all the bbwp command line options from a '/' to a '-'.  The team felt that was a more generic and a better solution for command line options regardless of which development platform you're using (ie Windows or MacOS).  

Sincerely,

Adam

Adam Abramski
Product Manager for WebWorks Platform
Handheld Division
Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

@Adam: yes that makes sense. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
second
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ProfHawking instructions - Add'l notes

Kudos to ProfHawking for providing step-by-step instructions.  Here are some add'l notes and observations.

• I used a Mac to do the signing. I did not find the barsigner.csk, and did not look for the barsigner.db, but it did not seem to matter.
  • I initially renamed the inconveniently named .csj file into something shorter, but that prevents bbwp from finding it.  I reverted to the original filename as determined by RIM.
  • It appears that the -buildId parameter is appended to the "version" attribute of the <widget> in config.xml.  I first tried "0.9" as version number, but the signing step failed, complaining of an invalid "Package-Version".  I changed it to "090" instead and that was accepted.

/second

Please use plain text.
New Developer
txfr
My Device: Curve 8900 - Javelin
My Carrier: Rogers

You also need to ensure that you have named the p12 file "sigtool.p12" or you will getan error message about "failed to find signing keys"

Please use plain text.
a3camero
My Device: Pass
My Carrier: Pass

Please use plain text.