Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
dojoKid
My Carrier: MTN

BlackBerry Simulator Not Working on Eclipse 3.6 Helios IDE

Am currently new to Blackberry web development coming from Nokia Web SDk,however i have installed the Java Web Tool Platform,Blackberry Eclipse Plugin and the Eclipse Blackberry SDK, i also have the External Blackberry SDK installed,i can run the External Simulator However when i start a WebWork project and try to debug it tells me to select a simulator from the drop down list,which when i click there's no option of simulator to select from,i copy the simulator to the Commons Files from what i saw in another thread,Eclipse still didn't see it,i'd appreciate ur help.On the verge of running Helter Skelter,thanx, also under debug or run configuration Blackberry Webwork has no simulator Tab.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Simulator Not Working on Eclipse 3.6 Helios IDE

So the easiest way to set up your environment for WebWorks development for a BlackBerry Smartphone is to simply download and install the full installer for the Eclipse WebWorks Plug-in.

It contains everything that you need and it will be ready to roll right out of the box.  I can't quite tell what all the products were that you installed, or in what order. 

Typically the best way to setup your environment is the full installer found here in Step 2.. I would recommend avoiding the update site.

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/browserdev/eclipseplugin.jsp

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dojoKid
My Carrier: MTN

Re: BlackBerry Simulator Not Working on Eclipse 3.6 Helios IDE

Thanks very much I fixed it,it seems eclipse was looking for it in common files,I shud have read the forum more before posting this topic.thanks
Please use plain text.