Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
camp
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry_Web_Tools_1.0.0.200907241249-33.exe installation failed

Sir/Madam,

I am a beginner with Blackberry App and need some help to get started.

I downloaded BlackBerry_Web_Tools_1.0.0.200907241249-33.exe (BlackBerry® Web Development Plug-in including the Eclipse IDE package) and click on it to install on my Lenovo T61p Windows XP SP2 (Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7700 2.40GHz 4GB RAM). I got an pop-up box "installation failed".

How can I get BlackBerry® Web Development Plug-in including the Eclipse IDE package installed properly?

Thank you very much!

Camp

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry_Web_Tools_1.0.0.200907241249-33.exe installation failed

Hi Camp,

I have a few questions for you.

- Do you have the prerequisite of Java 1.6 installed before installing the plug-in?

- When did this dialog appear?  Can you let us know the step during the installation when this dialog shows up.

Also, I just wanted to make sure you have the right tool.  Are you looking to do web site development or BlackBerry Widget development.  If it is widget development you will want to download the 2.0 beta of the tooling instead of the 1.0 version since the 1.0 version only has web site tooling and the beta v2.0 has both web site and widget tooling.

The v2.0 beta tooling can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/eclipseplugin.jsp

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.