Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Web & Widget development at Mobile World Congress 2010

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share that it has been a very successful week for BlackBerry Web and Widget development here at Mobile World Congress.

During the opening keynote for our AppPlanet developer day, Mike Lazaridis showed an exciting demo video on a WebKit enabled BlackBerry browser.  As you will see in this video, there is significant improvements in page rendering speed, full compliance with the Acid3 tests, and also the speed of the page zooming capabilities are nice and snappy!

We've also had a very strong presence with the MWC AppPlanet event.  Tim and myself gave presentations featuring an overview and indepth coverage of various elements of BlackBerry Web and Widget development.  As well, we've had eight computers in our Booth available all week for developers to experiment with some of the developer tools and labs that have been made available to them.  It has definitely generated a lot of buzz, especially BlackBerry Widgets, as people discover the power of the applications that can be created using the Widget SDK.

Also, an exciting annoucement was made about a new Developer Community Program that has been launched.  This program will help organize local developer groups, bringing subject matter experts together to dicuss, develop and innovate on all forms of BlackBerry development, including web and widgets.

More on MWC 2010: http://devblog.blackberry.com/tag/mwc/

Best wishes,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.