Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
ingybing
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in v2.5.1

Just to clarify something then... if I upgrade to 2.1 SDK does this mean the Webworks IDE-Plugins will no longer work? If that is right and i'm not getting the wrong end of the stick, how are you supposed to break point debug anything.....
Contributor
andrewk

I broke my development environment by upgrading to 2.1 yesterday, and I still haven't found a way to fix it (not even by system-restoring back to 2.0).

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

2.1 is not supported with the WebWorks plug-ins... 

For Eclipse you can upgrade to v2.0 of the WebWorks SDK via the Update Site

For Visual Studio, we need to re-publish the download link for v2.0 so that you can download it

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Regular Contributor
ingybing

ingybing wrote:
Just to clarify something then... if I upgrade to 2.1 SDK does this mean the Webworks IDE-Plugins will no longer work? If that is right and i'm not getting the wrong end of the stick, how are you supposed to break point debug anything.....

I put this on a VM to test and NO... i can no longer debug via javascript breakpoint debugging on OS5 when i install SDK2.1

Ripple isn't ready yet so isn't an option... i use a lot of file IO and this isn't supported yet so i can't go there... so now i'm left with an environment that i can't do any break point debugging on........... How am i supposed to do any complex debugging... if my application doesn't just say hello world? How do i see all the headers returned from a web service to check  if my bit of logic is actually flowing how i think it should.... Urgh... i might start developing in the dark with my monitors turned off! Being ditched into an interim state with no fit for purpose debug tooling just sucks to be honest and is very very frustrating......... Don't get me wrong i think ripple sounds like it will be a good thing but it isn't ready yet.... and taking the decision to End of Life something before the suitable replacement is finished  and moving on to produce SDKs which don't support the EOL product, again before the replacement is available, is an extremely bad call and poor lack of judgement.

Contributor
andrewk

I get these errors when running an app (which worked fine before the update) in Visual Studio:

Erreur    7    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""C:\Program" (in directory "[REDACTED]\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.9274177631310514506077.tmp"): CreateProcess error=87, Paramètre incorrect    [REDACTED]\bin\[REDACTED]Client.zip    0    1    [REDACTED]Client

Erreur    8    [ERROR]             RAPC exception occurred    [REDACTED]Client\bin\[REDACTED]Client.zip    0    1    [REDACTED]Client

Erreur    9    CreateCodFile failed         0    1    [REDACTED]Client

In Eclipse, I just get the "RAPC exception" message.

Retired
tneil

Hi andrewk,

Did you find a way to move back to 2.0?? or are you trying to use v2.1 with Visual Studio.??

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Retired
tneil

Here is the URL for the v2.0 of the WebWorks SDK... We will be updating the Visual Studio v2.0 update notice to point people to this page

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E950767CF86...

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
WENDEwithE
My Device: Blackberry Rim

Contributor
andrewk

I found the download link for 2.0 version by guessing URLs. I've done a lot of reinstallations and tests with different versions of the SDK and the IDEs.

Visual Studio and Eclipse both seem to be running a different version of bbwp.exe than the one contained in the SDK that is installed on the system level. At this point, they both give me a generic "RAPC error" exception, with no message.

By running the 2.1 SDK or 2.0 SDK from the command line, I get this error:

[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[INFO]                  Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]                  Validating application archive
[INFO]                  Parsing config.xml
[INFO]                  Populating application source
[INFO]                  Compiling BlackBerry WebWorks application
C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.10995763141310599848591.tmp\blackbe
rry\web\widget\jse\blackberry\ui\menu\MenuItem\MenuItemObject.java:40: cannot fi
nd symbol
symbol  : method getUiEventDispatcher()
location: class blackberry.web.widgetb76e91dbee73d6863afd49f77d31a37package.bf.B
rowserFieldScreen
            MenuNamespace.getInstance().getWidgetScreen().getUiEventDispatcher()
.dispatch(new MenuItemDispatcherEvent(MenuNamespace.getInstance(), MenuItemObjec
t.this));
                                                         ^
C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.10995763141310599848591.tmp\blackbe
rry\web\widget\bf\WidgetNavigationController.java:89: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method getUiEventDispatcher()
location: class blackberry.web.widgetb76e91dbee73d6863afd49f77d31a37package.bf.B
rowserFieldScreen
        return _widgetScreen.getUiEventDispatcher();
                            ^
2 errors
Error!: Error: java compiler failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin
\javac.exe @C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\rapc_5532 ...
[ERROR]                 RAPC exception occurred

I just want to be able to compile and test apps again, it was working for weeks before this. What can I do short of starting over with a new Windows installation?

Retired
tneil

can you post up the contents of your bbwp.properties file that I belive is located in the "bin" directory of the SDK installation directory.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter