Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for PlayBook - Webcast #2 Q&A summary

All JavaScript objects and methods listed in the JavaScript reference guide should be supported by the web rendering engine that powers both the native browser application, and applications created using the WebWorks SDK.

BlackBerry JavaScript Reference Guide

The separate JavaScript API list that I presented in the Webcast is the unique collection of WebWorks JavaScript APIs that are available only to WebWorks applications.  Note there are two different sets of the WebWorks JavaScript APIs, depending on device support  :

WebWorks SDK JavaScript APIs - Smartphone SDK

WebWorks SDK JavaScript APIs - PlayBook SDK

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for PlayBook - Webcast #2 Q&A summary

Wanted to provide an amendment to the following response:

bring up keyboard on non input fields?

As far as I know, there is currently not a way to programatically invoke the virtual keyboard.  The keyboard is opened automatically when focus is applied to user input fields.

The following post demonstrates how to oopen the virtual keyboard using JavaScript:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/How-to-open-the-virtual-keyboard-using-JavaSc...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.