Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS Beta 3 now available

bdev222 wrote:

Okay have an issue with the new SDK/sim pair as reported in

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/Did-the-0-9-4-simulator-change-the-device-pix...

Same issue after uninstalled and reinstalled both the simulator VM and SDK beta 3. 

The SDK appears on the windows side to still report the old version number

(how are you supposed to tell which SDK version?  was the version number not updated on the binaries).

I also found my apps built with an older SDK would hang or show invisible with sim 0.9.4, but after
rebuilding with the new SDK beta 3 they show up fine expect for the size/layout issue in the new sim.

Yes you will need to re-build your application with Beta 3 so that it is compatible with OS 0.9.4.  Since the underlying platform changes during the beta phase we need to ensure that your app is compatible with the latest OS

When you mention that it "reports the old version number".. can you explain where you are seeing the old version number reported?

As far as the pixel ratio changing I'll take a look in the other thread to check it out

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

pnewhook wrote:

Looks like the github project was updated along with the SDK. Can we expect build or testing instructions soon?

We are continuing to work on the build scripts.  We are wanting to ensure that the scripts and instructions that we provide are for the use cases in which people want to edit the code.

i.e.  To update, fix, add items to JavaScript APIs vs update, fix, add items to the packager code itself.

We are also making sure that this build environment will work with the unit testing framework to ensure you can test that changes made don't cause regressions elsewhere in the software.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Tim,

> When you mention that it "reports the old version number".. can you explain where you are seeing the old version number reported?

Windows Control Panel in Add or Remove Programs (BlackBerry Weborks SDK for Playbook -- support information), and I see it in the file ...\bbwp\installvariables.properties  :

PRODUCT_VERSION_NUMBER=1.0.0.13

It must be the new version as I needed it to see the apps show up at all in 0.9.4 simulator.

Also I used the uninstaller and it seemed to clear out the old one as far as I could tell.

Thx.

Trusted Contributor

I am wondering which version of Tablet that RIM AppWorld Test House uses, since there is version compatibility issue between different version of bbwp and simulator, all submitted apps may fail...

New Developer

Yes i did.I created a second vmware system for this iso version

Rgds,

Contributor

I've been trying to get the new Beta 3 and 0.94 but the site is giving me issues.

I was able to download the WebWorks SDK, but everytime I click on the link for the simulator, I get like 3 redirections & pop-ups, and finally it dumps me into the portal: https://www.blackberry.com/bdsc/index.jsp?lang=na#portal

Any ideas when this will be fixed?

My Device: developer

I can't seem to find the webworks sdk download: this page  http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/webworks.jsp sends me to https://www.blackberry.com/bdsc/index.jsp?lang=na#portal and I can't find anything there.  Navigating using the menu on the left sends me on a circular chase.  Everyone else here is downloading it OK?

New Developer

Seems you are not logged when downloading;try to log to dev zone first and then go the link.

Rgds,

New Developer

Hi All,

I found this on the forum and checking 3D box solved my pb.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Virtual-machine-loads-BB-Playbook...

As suggested by jffurlan ,we should double checke the settings !the iso works fine now for me.

Rgds,