Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS Released!

The BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS has been released!  You can read about and download it here:  http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/webworks.jsp

A new webcast series to help developers create BlackBerry WebWorks applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook will start on February 1, 2011. Developers will get first hand details on how to install tools, set up development environments, create their first application, and test applications on the simulator.

Please visit: www.blackberry.com/developers/tabletos/webworkswebcasts

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtyberg
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS Released!

Awesome.  Been waiting for this.

My biggest stuggle with WebWorks development has been dealing with the differences between BB OS 5.0 and 6.0, so I'm cringing a little after having just glanced at the PlayBook API.  It is not the same as the WebWorks/Widget API.

I assume the differences mean that not all existing WebWorks apps (for BB OS 5.0/6.0) can be ported to the PlayBook at this time.   I realize the PlayBook SDK is an early release.  I hope there will be convergence down to a single WebWorks API (and runtime) soon. 

Please use plain text.
rizkysyazuli
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS Released!

[ Edited ]

hi guys, I'm having trouble installing the tablet SDK for Mac. the installer just wont run :smileyindifferent:

i found this error message on the system log via Console app:

([0x0-0x154154].BlackBerryWebWorksSDK[17952]) posix_spawn("/Users/rizky/Downloads/BlackBerryWebWorksSDK.app/Contents/MacOS/BlackBerryWebWorksSDK", ...): Permission denied

i can see that it's probably a permission problem. any ideas on how to fix it? thx..

Please use plain text.