Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry WebWorks Updates: Ripple Emulator and API Reference

From this blog post:  http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/05/blackberry-webworks-updates/

Updates to BlackBerry WebWorks

We’re happy to announce that shortly after joining Research In Motion® (RIM®), the tinyHippos crew have an update available for the Ripple emulator BETA program, which now includes support for most of the BlackBerry® WebWorks™ APIs. It also provides skins for the BlackBerry® Bold™ series of smartphones, the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone and the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.

This BETA update will allow you to place your BlackBerry WebWorks app on a local web server, point the Ripple emulator at your website and test your BlackBerry WebWorks application without having to compile or load it onto a simulator during your development process. Of course, we recommend performing your final testing on a simulator – or even better, a live device – to ensure your application works the way you intend before making it available to your users.

This update is just one step forward towards how the Ripple emulator will evolve over the course of this year. Stay tuned for more updates on the direction of the Ripple tooling along with further steps towards bringing the smartphone and BlackBerry Tablet OS BlackBerry WebWorks SDKs together.

We’re also excited to announce further steps towards a converged BlackBerry WebWorks platform between BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablet OS. We have now released an updated version of the BlackBerry WebWorks API Reference that brings both the smartphone and tablet OS APIs together in one consolidated reference guide.

This reference guide also includes documentation for all the HTML5 and web application APIs that are available within BlackBerry WebWorks applications. New documentation features have been added including filters based on OS version, table of contents and object listing views, updated look and feel, and tabling tools showing which APIs are supported on which platform. This new API documentation is also available for community collaboration on github.com/blackberry along with the project’s roadmap.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry WebWorks Updates: Ripple Emulator and API Reference

Another related post :smileyhappy:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/New-API-docs-and-Device-Emulatio...

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.