Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

m_hunter
My Device: Various

Blackberry 10 Persistence on Reload

Hi,

I am attempting to develop a responsive web page (.aspx) that must run on the Blackberry 10.

When I first hit the page it runs as expected. If I then pinch or swipe the page to a new scale or location, when I close and return to the page, or just simply reload the page it remembers my last scale and scroll position and returns me to it, even if I clear the cache and history.

How do I turn this behaviour off? I want the page to return to its original settings everytime the page reloads or closes?

Thank you,

Hunter

BlackBerry Development Advisor
naveenan
My Device: BlackBerry 9810

Re: Blackberry 10 Persistence on Reload

Hi There,

You can try setting the view port at the initial load of the page.  Here is how you do it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/How-to-set-up-the-viewport-for-a...

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Naveen M

m_hunter
My Device: Various

I have already set the viewport meta tag. The behaviour described still persists.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It sounds like you are doing this testing in the BlackBerry 10 browser, correct? Considering:
- Loading Page A.
- Changing scroll position.
- Navigation to Page B.
- Returning (Back) to Page A.

In this case, it is expected that the scroll position and zoom would be remembered.

However if you close/restart the browser, or close the page completely (i.e. close the Browser Tab) and load the page anew, then it should not remember anything.

If, after the above sequence, you again re-opened Page B, it should reload without any scroll/zooming saved since it is loading it completely new, not going back / "returning" to the previous content.

If you are seeing something that differs from the above, the best steps would be to log a JIRA in the Developer Issue Tracker with specific steps to reproduce the issue so that the Browser Team can address the behaviour.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.