Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Parveen_BB
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 10 phonegap build issue - Reason: Invalid CSK password: signing not verified

Hello Team,

Greetings for the day!!!

We are phone gap developer and we are trying to make blackberry application using phone gap. We had followed provided instruction and successfully create the build for blackberry 7.

In the case of blackberry 10 we had followed instruction but we are not able to create bb 10 app. We had followed below instruction for bb 10:

1 We had requested signing key for BlackBerry 10 using this link (https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys) and select second checkbox (For BlackBerry PlayBook apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, BlackBerry NDK, or AIR - AND - For BlackBerry 10 apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, or the BlackBerry 10.2 Beta SDK or earlier.)

2. We received 2 files named client-PBDT-XXXX.csj and client-RDK-XXXX.csj from blackberry after signed key request.

3 We used this command to get db and csk file from csj files: " blackberry-signer -register -csjpin csj_pin -storepass keystore_Password client-RDK-xxxxxx.csj client-PBDT- xxxxx.csj "

4 We entered add key in phone gap build server, it required for us to enter the db and csk file and then ask for password.

5 When we try to build app it returns back with error: Error - Invalid CSK password: signing not verified:

6 We are 100% sure that password we provided is correct.

We had followed this link for bb 10: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup.html

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/#blackberry10

Also we had post our query in blackberry support but we didn’t get any response.

Regards!

Parveen Chauhan

Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C

Re: Blackberry 10 phonegap build issue - Reason: Invalid CSK password: signing not verified

[ Edited ]

Curious what you figure out. I couldn't get BB10 to work in Phonegap Build when I tried it either. But that was some time ago. I just assumed that the Build version was not set up yet to work with BB10.

I eventually just went back to using Ripple for the compile.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
bryanhiggins
My Device: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3

Re: Blackberry 10 phonegap build issue - Reason: Invalid CSK password: signing not verified

Hi,

PhoneGap Build does not yet support BB10. You will need to use the PhoneGap CLI on your local machine.

Bryan Higgins
BlackBerry WebWorks
@bryanhiggins
Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

Do you happen to know if they plan to set up Build for BB10 eventually? I just find it nice and quick to use.

And does Build at least work properly for BB7? Would that be a relatively easy way to port apps written for BB10? All we need are BB7 signing keys? Hmm... don't recall if I even signed up for BB7 keys.