Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BB9700DEV
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9700

Blackberry 6 Development --- Ripple

I've recently took over the Blackberry 6 project.  The previous developer used BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Eclipse - 2.5 and generated alx and cod files from Eclipse. There was an option "Build BlackBerry WebWorks Project" that generated alx and cod files.

I found out that BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Eclipse is no longer supported. Ripple is being used to test Blackberry 10. But can I use Ripple to test the Blackberry 6 application as well? How can I generate alx and cod files without BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Eclipse?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Abby.

Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: Blackberry 6 Development --- Ripple

Few points

you must have

1.    Ant knowledge
2.    WebWorks knowledge

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

following link might help you

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/compile_ww_app_for_smartphones_1873321_11.html

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Abby,

As Kamal has suggested, the 'Getting Started' documentation will be a great deal of help in understanding.

To answer your questsions, yes you can use Ripple to build your BlackBerry 10 applications, as well as those for PlayBook Tablet OS and BlackBerry 5, 6 and 7 device software.

The platforms tab in Ripple allows you to select which platform you wish to target.  You can then change device profiles to see how your content will look on different screen sizes.  Finally, you enter the path to the SDK you wish to build with from the Settings window.  Then you can click the "build" button and it will produce the *.alx and *.cod files.

Hope that helps get you started!  Keep asking good questions like these if you get stuck.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.