Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: developer

Blackberry Date Control not working properly

Hi,

i am using date control. When i click on the textbox, the calender pop ups, now  when i don't select any date and just press escape button, the cursor remains on the same textbox and this time when I click on the textbox, calender doesn't pop up. It will work when i focus to some other element first and then back to the date control textbox.

i tried many options like onblur(), onkepup() etc, but nothing worked.

Please help me how should i defocus the same textbox, when i click on the escape button when the calender is poped up.

Thanks,

Joy

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Date Control not working properly

Hi JoyGupta,

Are you using the new 2.3 SDK?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
New Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold
My Carrier: HCL

Hi Jeff, In continuation of Joy's post, There are 2 other problems we have observed regarding the date control: 1. Now when we compiled the app in 2.3, we observe that if we click the date control to get the date control popup, and then press escape (escape button event has been overridden for navigation purpose on the page), instead of popup getting minimised it takes us directly to the previous page (according to our navigation code) and this is happening on every dropdown popup as well. 2. every time we open a date control popup the memory consumption of our app jumps(which ahould be released once we redirect to another page) and after redirection there is significant memory leak(of around 200 kb).
Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Yes I am using SDK 2.3. 

Contributor

Hi Jeff,

We are really expecting a quick response for this issue, the back button functionality is not working properly. 

hope its not too late because we have to deliver the product to the client as soon as possible.

Contributor

Hi Jeff,

When we are building the application with SDK2.2, the back button functionality is working fine.

Contributor

Hi, We have resolved the problem of date control by making them dropdown from date control. Now there is no memory leak due to date control. But still there is a out of memory exception which comes after 15-20 min page navigations.

Thanks,

Joy