Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
bgraffius
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Simulator 9500 & 9530 JavaScript onclick event does not work

I have a mobile web app created in ASP.Net VB, I have a form that creates a list of and each row is supposed to be an onclick event.  This works on all desktop browsers and on the iPhone, and most Blackberry simulators, but will not work on the 9500 simulator or on the 9530 simulator.  I went to a local wireless store and was able to test on an actual 9500 and the links do work.  I noticed that that a dropdown list also works on the actual device, but not on the sim.  You can view the list on the dropdown, but you can't click the link.  In both cases the cursor changes to a hand indicating a link, but clicking has no affect.  Javascript is enabled and some javascript events and ajax events work fine. Is there a work around for this?  Here is the code from the page source is that helps:

</div>
<div id="mydiv">

<table id="Table1" class="pattbllist" border="0">
<tr onclick="javascript&colon;patview('088c6e4a-b43a-49bc-8452-004600b74dab');">
<td class="patrow"><div class="patname">TEST, PDIFIVE</div><div class="demog"><span clss="demog l1">DOB: 4/8/1967</span><span>Room/Bed: ICU1-5</span></div><div class="demog"><span class="list1"> Reason For Visit: </span></div></td>
</tr><tr onclick="javascript&colon;patview('e0454062-47ae-4159-b25b-074e7d406c7d');">

<td class="patrow"><div class="patname">TEST, PDISEVEN</div><div class="demog"><span clss="demog l1">DOB: 3/25/1966</span><span>Room/Bed: 234.0-1</span></div><div class="demog"><span class="list1"> Reason For Visit: PDI</span></div></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

Please use plain text.
New Developer
bgraffius

Re: Blackberry Simulator 9500 & 9530 JavaScript onclick event does not work

Correction: After a visit to my local cell store, I confirmed that the simulator is actually working just like the phone.  Now that still leaves the question unanswered, why do the links not work.  I tried several other smart phones and the BB was the only one that had this problem.  The table row has an onclick event attached to it as you can see from the code, but why is this an issues with the BB?

All the BB simulators I tried are also giving me issues with css formatting.  The BB seem to behave different than any other smart phone.  Is this due to the transcoding from the BB Internet Service? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
adam9

Re: Blackberry Simulator 9500 & 9530 JavaScript onclick event does not work

I had the same problem on OS 5.0 (Bold 9700). Use td onClick as a workaround.

Please use plain text.