Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
rmbarnes
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Web Loader

Hi,

I downloaded the blackberry web loader a while ago, and have been trying to use it on my client's site so that they can easily download a Blackberry App from the site.

The loader worked fine for me on a new copy of Vista, but on an old XP machine the activex control never loads. I soon discovered this was because microsoft had found a security hole in the loader, and in a security update have disabled it using a killbit. 

The loader I was using had the following id: 4788DE08-3552-49EA-AC8C-233DA52523B9. I was wondering if there is a newer version of this loader available, or is there a work around?

Regards,

Robin

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Blackberry Web Loader

Why not just put the cod file and the jad file on a web server and point the users to the jad file through the browser?  You can use this to load the application OTA and not need to wire the device to a desktop.  That's how Google does it when you go to www.google.com/gmm.

You'll have to modify the web server's configuration so it knows how to handle the jad file but it works great.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rmbarnes
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Web Loader

>>Why not just put the cod file and the jad file on a web server and point the users to the jad file through the browser?  You can use this to load the application OTA and not need to wire the device to a desktop.

We do do that when the users visit our site on a blackberry device. The client also wants it downloadable via internet explorer running on a desktop machine. I have been able to get this to work in most instances of IE, but there does still seem to be some issues (security based I think) on certain set ups. I think it has something to do with which service pack is installed on the users PC.

Please use plain text.