Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
VikramB
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Blackberry WebWorks CordovaSample Application Failing to Install

Hi,

I have been trying to install the Phonegap(Cordova) sample application on my Blackberry Playbook. However the following is the error message that I recieve.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-deploy -installApp -password dummy -device 169.254.0.1 -package CordovaSample.bar
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 742602
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 742602 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 881 application author does not match debug token author

I have tried generating the debug token several times. I have also verified the author tag in the *.bar MANIFEST file. Author tag is the one found on the device. I edited the bbwp.properties tag in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\bin folder and also C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\AirAppTemplates\src\blackberry-tablet.xml file. They all point to the same author entry.

I am unable to debug this error as this is my first web works application that I am creating.

Kindly note the SDK version's as the latest as on date.  WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5 and WebWorks Tablet SDK 2.2.0.5 

Please help!!!

Developer
Levion
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry WebWorks CordovaSample Application Failing to Install

I ran into the same issue. The only way I found was to copy the content of the "widget" folder to a new one and call the blackberry-deploy / install batch files manually. No idea what's wrong with the author tag.

But don't put so much energy in this. Nearly all plugins of Cordova aren't working on Playbook.

http://groups.google.com/group/phonegap/browse_thread/thread/9e0c404589a407ee

best regards

New Developer
VikramB

How do I install batch files manually is that a separate process or just the blackberry-deploy command will do? I spent close to 2 days on this.

Will copying the contents of the widget folder into a new one and generating the bar file and subsequent installApp command install the application on my playbook or is there any intermittent steps to do anything additional?

Developer
Levion
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi,

I do this with two batch files. 7zip should be installed.

first step:

d:
cd "D:\SDK\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp"
"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z" a -tzip D:\Portable\xampp\htdocs\Packages\PhoneGapSample.zip D:\Portable\xampp\htdocs\PhoneGapSample\*
bbwp D:\Portable\xampp\htdocs\Packages\PhoneGapSample.zip -d -o D:\Portable\xampp\htdocs\Packages

This zips the data and packages the bar file.

second step:

D:\SDK\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.1.1\bin\blackberry-deploy.bat -installApp -password reallysecretpass -device 192.168.30.28 -package D:\Portable\xampp\htdocs\Packages\PhoneGapSample.bar

Installs file on playbook. Make sure the development mode is on.

best regards

New Developer
VikramB

I still receive the same error message. The application just doesn't install. Development mode on verified.I have verified today with Phonegap-1.7.0 too. The issue is still the same.

I am giving up :smileysad: