Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
bigjavajoe
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Webworks application not loading remote page on simulator

My Blackberry Webworks application is having problem opening a remote page when testing it in a Blackberry simulator (Tried 9630-Verizon, 9700-ATT, 9860-Asia). Each time I try to open a remote page in my webworks application, the application will freeze and after a while i get a white screen with the error App Error 104 Uncaught: InterruptedIOException and when I click continue a message dialog comes up with the message Local Connection timed out after ~ 120000. If i open that same URL in the simulator's browser, it opens straight away. What I don't know is why it's not opening in the webworks application.

Now, the funniest part is, if I load the same webworks application into my blackberry device, it works perfectly. It opens the remote page straight away. I don't know why its not working in a simulator.

I have the config.xml file configured properly with the remote url set in the access element:

<access uri="http://sample-remote-server.com/" subdomains="true" />

I will be really glad if someone can spare their time to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
agungeddy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Webworks application not loading remote page on simulator

in simulaotr, have you already run the MDS ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bigjavajoe
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: MTN

Not sure If i have done that...I just open up the simulator and load my webworks app.

How do I run the MDS?

Please use plain text.
Developer
agungeddy
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

bigjavajoe wrote:

Not sure If i have done that...I just open up the simulator and load my webworks app.

How do I run the MDS?

if you're using eclipse, see this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Cannot-connect-to-internet/td-p/...

but if you are not using eclipse or just command line bbwp, try to find the mds folder in your Blackberry Webworks path (usually at \Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Widget Packager\mds),

after you find the folder, find run.bat file then run it.

Please use plain text.