Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Sandhyas
My Device: BB Bold

Blackberry app fails to sign sometimes using Webworks

I am currently developing an application for BB10 and BBOS 7 devices using HTML5+jQuery mobile. I use the command line way to sign the application. But sometimes the signing of the application fails i.e few .cod files remain unsigned. When we port the application to the device it starts creating a problem.

If I try to re-sign the application it doesnt work either as the application still fails to install properly. So i need to rebuild the whole app and sign it all over again which is a very tedious task.

Does this signing problem occur if the signing server is down?? If yes wat needs to be done?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry app fails to sign sometimes using Webworks

The majority of the time, this type of issue comes down to the version of JAVA that is installed/being used. Can you please confirm which version of Java (version number, as well as 32-bit vs 64-bit) that you have installed?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.