Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry curve 8310 emulator to test java web application

I want to port java web application on blackberry curve 8310.

Can anyone please suggest what code changes i should expect and from where i should start working on this ?

Thanks in Advance !!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry curve 8310 emulator to test java web application

you mean your current application is a java applet that runs in a machine called by a desktop browser ?
in that case, you will need to create a java application that will run on your device. This question belongs to the "Java development" board. I am asking the moderators to move your question there.

About general coding in java, you can start by clicking on the "Developers" link on top ofthe current page. There is a very detailed section including Hello World! examples and guidelines and tools.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I appreciate your quick response on this !!!

Our application is not a java applet application rather its a J2EE application (EJB, JSF,HTML,Javascript,css, Hibernate, Resource Adapters etc.) and we want this to be access through blackberry curve 8310.

I would highly appreciate if you can highlight on my queries here:

• On which simulator or emulator should we test our application and from where to download this ?
  • Can we find all problems with our application on blackberry device by testing on its simulator or emulator ?
  • What code changes we should expect to resolve some problems with that ?
  • Is there any way to debug these problems on blackberry so that it would easy for me to resolve those problems ?
  • Do we require any JDE plugin ? If yes then please let me know why its required ?

Thanks in Advance !!!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

You can use the BlackBerry Web Development Plug-in for Eclipse or BlackBerry Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio v1.2 to test and debug your web application using the BlackBerry simulators. 

They can be downloaded here:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/browserdev/devtoolsdownloads.jsp

They both offer similar functionality.  So just choose the one that makes use of the IDE you are most comfortable with.

Note:  Since this is a web development questions, I'm moving this thread from the Java Development to Web Development.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker