Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
mahmoud_elrefaie
My Device: Bold 9300
Accepted Solution

Blackberry webworks: problem opening hyperlink

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am new to webworks, I'm trying to create a new application that have a simple hyperlink, which opens a url of the following formate: http://<url>:<port>/BBScreensTest/Startup/English.html?page=/BBScreensTest/groupslist.html"

the app works fine on blackberry curve 9360, but when i try to run it on blackberry torch 9810 i get a webpage with the following error message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR 

the requested url could not be retrieved

the following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the url:

http://<url>:<port>/BBScreensTest/Startup/English.html? (notice that it is not the full url)

Access Denied

access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time, please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect

your cache adminstrator is webmaster

generated  <datetime >by by pmds153 (squid/3.1.16)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what is this !!!

the word webmaster is a link that opens mail client with the following mail body:

Subject: CacheErrorInfo - ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

cachehost: pmds153

ErrPage: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Err: [None]

timestamp: tue, 23 apr 2013 ......etc

ClientIP: 127.0.0.1

HTTP request: 

GET /BBScreensTest/groupslist.html HTTP/1.1

Accept-Language: en-GB,en;q=0.5

x-wap-profile: "http://www.blackberry.net/go/mobile/profiles/uaprof/9810/7.1.0.rdf"

Host: <url>:<port>

via: BISB_3.5.2.96

user-agent: Mozilla/5.0(Blackberry; U; Blackberry 9810; en-GB)AppleWebKit/534.11+() KHTML, lokeGecko) Version/7.1.0.342 mobile safari/534.11+

Accept: application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,image/png,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,*/*;q=0.5

Connection: close

any help is VERY appreciated

Thanks in advance

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry webworks: problem opening hyperlink

[ Edited ]

Hi there, are either of your devices activated on a BES by chance?

EDIT: Also, is the IP:smileytongue:ort an internal (intranet) site specific to your network or is it a public URL that can be accessed by anyone?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
anzor_b
My Device: Passport

Re: Blackberry webworks: problem opening hyperlink

generated  <datetime >by by pmds153 (squid/3.1.16)

The above line indicates that your request is passing through a Squid Proxy server. This means your device is active on the BES and is using the corporate browser (MDS Connection Service) to load the page.

You can use Web Inspector's Network tab to see if the request contains the full URL (I feel the proxy is truncating it). http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/web_inspector_overview_1553586_11.html

Is this an internet page or intranet page? If this is an internet page, you can turn off the data network, and turn on WiFi, this will bypass the proxy and go directly to the internet. 

If this is an intranet page, you may want to speak to your IT admin on how to provide access.