04-07-2009 10:55 AM
I have written a .net service to send web reports to a Blackberry 9000. The browser push works perfectly and messages are sent to the user's inbox succesfully. However the URL of the web report does not always show up. If I go to the same URL, and paste it into IE, it runs fine. The problem is intermittent as sometimes it displays and sometimes the message is just blank. Has anyone come across this type of problem with the Browser-Message push?
Any pointers in the right direction would be hugely appreciated :-)
04-07-2009 11:45 AM
What happens when you open the browser message in the Messages application? Does the browser open then display a blank page? Have you looked at the page source in the browser to see what's being delivered? In my expereince, when the browser displays a blank page it's because the HTML delivered to the browser is a blank page.
In the browser, hold down the alt key and type 'rbvs' The source veiwer will appear - let me know what it looks like.
If the browser doesn't open, then you have other problems.
04-07-2009 03:43 PM
Thanks.. when I checked the source code using the alt rbvs, the message had most of the body missing.. explainging why it showed up as a blank page.. but what is strange is that the page runs fine when viewed from a browser session on my laptop.. so its only when sending it to the blackberry that the page is not rendering properly..
And what's worse.. its intermittent.. sometimes it renders, sometimes it doesn't...
Again thanks for your input and quick reply..
04-07-2009 04:01 PM
04-07-2009 04:41 PM
No, this is infact running on localhost as a development project just now. I just ran it and it produced all emails with body report as expected in debug mode, stepping slowly through each line of code.. then I ran it with debug breakpoints disabled and once again some of the emails were missing their body text. I am now wondering if it is a timing issue.. related to building the web page as the app just loops through and fires out the same url to different BB users but with different querystring params in the url. Safe to say its driving me crazy :-)
Thanks for the help though...