If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
BAV0
My Device: /
My Carrier: /

Blank screen on BB10 app

[ Edited ]

I tested my BB10 game on a in ripple and in a simulator, and got no problems, but it apparently fails on a real device as I got this message from the vendor portal testers:

"Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.
After installing your application on the BlackBerry Dev Alpha, I got a black blank screen. The application could not load. "

I get no errors on the simulator or using the Google Chrome developer tools. Some time ago I also submitted a simmilar app for the playbook and it too got rejected: "When run the apps crashes at start-up and need to hard-restart the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ " It also worked fine in the simulator, I was never able to resolve the problem.

Here's a zipped copy of my app with unobfuscated source code: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-20b68042.html

Hopefully someone can find what is causing this behaviour and help me fix it!

Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blank screen on BB10 app

I haven't really tried it but a quick peek at the index.html shows that the path to the Javascript is most likely wrong.

<script type="text/javascript" src="file:///C|/Users/bavo/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.370/html5game/index.js?QYNAC=536364553"></script>

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAV0

You're right, it should be "html5game/index.js?QYNAC=536364553", but that wasn't in my original file I submitted, I double checked it, it's just because I zipped it for this post:Oops:. That can't be the problem, but thanks for your help!:Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jiachiun
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Maxis

Have you found the solution yet?

I have the exact same problem.
All the other apps that I have submitted and got approved are not much different from this app of mine which got denied. The only thing that is different for this particular app from the others is that I set the orientation mode as "portrait", using

<feature id="blackberry.app.orientation">
<param name="mode" value="portrait" />
</feature>

which I find exactly same with yours also.

Can somebody help us with this please?

Is it a bug with the current BlackBerry Dev Alpha?

"Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.

- I'm testing your app on Dev Alpha (OS version 10.0.9.1103). After launching your app it only appear as black blank screen "

I don't know how to fix this at all. In Ripple it runs perfectly fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAV0

I haven't found a solution yet, maybe someone with a Dev Alpha device can download the new version of my app: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-20b68042.html

(I changed the orientation to landscape and fixed the path to my JS)

compile it and test in on the dev alpha.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jiachiun
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Maxis

actually there's another thing I find which is common between our apps that got denied.

My app has a digit in the name, E.g Pandora3, while yours is Koalabr8. Just wondering if that is the thing that caused the problem?
Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth

[ Edited ]

Actually I got a similar message.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/File-Release-Denied-Dev-Alpha-OS-versi...

And I am using a Dev Alpha A. The only thing I notice is that they are using: Dev Alpha (OS version 10.0.9.1103)

The version I have is 10.0.9.388 (the latest available) so are they testing it with a newer OS? Do we need to package with the new WebWorks for it to work?

Please use plain text.
Developer
DueNorth

Did this ever work on Ripple?

It is missing files in html5games/particles. Missing a panda texture. There a continuous "uncaught TypeError".

It seems to run in a window view with debugging code.

It doesn't look like Gamemaker HTML5 export works well with BB10 Webworks.  Sorry.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAV0

The files in html5games/particles are not used by the game, it just loads them for no reason, so that's not a problem.
I changed the final JS file to a debug version to generate unobfuscated code, that's why the error dialogs pop up and it runs with debugging code. The debug version also looks for panda_texture_0.png in stead of the final index_texture_0.png.

The original version works in ripple, only the "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null" error remains, I'll try to solve it.

I'm sorry for all the mistakes with the the version I uploaded, here are 2 downloads that should work(the particles folder is still missing tough, no problem):

Obfuscated: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-7fe5148a.html

UNobfuscated: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-84d715d9.html

Thanks for your help so far!

My other game, created exactly the same way, apparently does work since I got this message from app world testing: "The app doesn't appear properly on the device as it's too big on the screen. Please fix the scaling issue. ",

It has some scaling issues, but it does work! The config.xml is the same, it doesn't have a number in its name...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BAV0

Update: I just checked the working game and it has the same error, but still it works fine.

I also noticed I only get this error when the ripple simulator is running, with ripple off I don't get that error.

Please use plain text.