Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
JoelParker
My Device: Not Specified

Browser Notification

Is there a mechanism to be notified of browser events in an application? Not from a browser field but from the built-in browser.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Browser Notification

I'm not aware of anything. What are you looking to do specifically?
Please use plain text.
Developer
JoelParker
My Device: Not Specified

I wanted to be notified when someone uses the browser, so I could snoop the URL's they were visiting.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

There is no listener you can use to see if the browser is being used. Sorry. Additionally, it is my understanding that you cannot even listen to the network connection to see which sites are being accessed through it.

If you think about this from a security standpoint, the BlackBerry wouldn't be a very secure device if an application could see this - someone could use the ability you're asking about for nefarious purposes.

Again, from all I know about the platform - there's no way to do this.

I believe you could write a background application that watches to see when the browser is the topmost screen on the stack, but I've never tried anything like this.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

Actually, the way to do this is force all connnections to go through MDS (this is a BES Setting I believe) and parse the logs to see which sites are being accessed through the information MDS writes to the log about what it's doing. You will likely need to turn on a higher level of logging to be able to see which addresses are being accessed.
Please use plain text.