Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
sday
My Device: Not Specified

Browser shortcuts

when dealing with browserfield content, how can you duplicate the shortcut functionality of the blackberry browser?  I trap some keys, but send other back.  For example.  When I press the 'b' key it should take me to the bottom of the screen, so I pass that key on to the browser to handle.

case Characters.LATIN_SMALL_LETTER_B: retval = super.keyChar(key, status, time); break;

Also, how about the functionality that allows you to hold down the trackwheel to go to a link.  Instead of opening the context menu, it automatically select the "get link" functionality of the menu and executes the browse.  Same with the enter key. 

None of these features seem to work when dealing with a browser field.

try { browserContent = _renderingSession.getBrowserContent(connection, this, e); if (browserContent != null) { Field field = browserContent.getDisplayableContent(); if (field != null) { synchronized (Application.getEventLock()) { this.deleteAll(); this.add(field); } } browserContent.finishLoading(); } }

thanks for any help.

-Steve

Please use plain text.