If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
robotmartin
My Device: PlayBook w/ OS 2.1, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Bug in Signing Tool: PlayBook & BB10 WebWorks signing tools create different Package IDs

[ Edited ]

Hello, I wanted to upload a BB10 version of a WebWorks app to the vendor portal, but I always got the

File bundle (blabla.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

error. I read up plenty of articles like this one

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/03/package-id-rejected-by-app-world/#more-8665

about this issue and most of them say, you used a different signing key, or you changed the Package name. However neither is the case - really.

What I figured out is:

The latest PlayBook WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.5 produces a different Package ID in the MANIFEST.MF file than the latest BB10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2.9. I am using the latest Ripple plugin to package and sign the applications.

If I package and sign my application with the BB10 SDK the file bundle gets rejected. If I package and sign the exact same folder of files (no character changed) with the PlayBook WebWorks SDK the Vendor portal lets me upload the bar.

When I checked both the MANIFEST.MF files, the Package-Ids were indeed different. However this way you cannot provide a free upgrade for your existing PlayBook app for the BB10 platform.

--
May the Source be with You
Follow me on Twitter: @r0b0tmartin
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Bug in Signing Tool: PlayBook & BB10 WebWorks signing tools create different Package IDs

Ask the  App World Team to port your 'Playbook app' to the 'BB10 platform' for you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
robotmartin

Re: Bug in Signing Tool: PlayBook & BB10 WebWorks signing tools create different Package IDs

Thanks, I guess this would work. But it needs to be done with every update :smileysad:
--
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Here is your fix, 3rd post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/How-to-set-up-Package-Name-for-P...

It's good that we can specify package name in bb10 sdk.

Please use plain text.
Developer
robotmartin

Thank you! This did the trick
--
Please use plain text.