Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
praxiss
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Build problem building basic widget

Hi, I have built a basic web site and want to create a widget that launches the browser to this site - sounds simple enough. Have installed the widget packager sdk and visual studio 2 plugin. Started the project, went to the nice config manager screen and filled it in - when i tried to build i get this error:

could not find part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry Widget Packager\bin\StandardInstall'.

Looking at the file path, everything is there except for the StandardInstall bit.

Any help on this is appreciated - got a client looking to launch this thing asap (never met a client who didnt though)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Build problem building basic widget

Can you list the details of your operating system and Visual Studio version?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
praxiss
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodaphone

[ Edited ]

Windows XP Professional (32 Bit)

Visual Studio 2008 (version 9.0.21022.8 RTM)

Blackberry Web Plug In 2.0

Any help is appreciated

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
dburgess
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Praxis...

Thanks for the information.  Can I get some further clarification?  From your first post it sounds like you might have installed the BlackBerry Widget SDK first from its own installer and then installed the BlackBerry Web Plug-in subsequently?    Not sure if this is the case but if it is you could be experiencing compatibility issues between the SDK and the VS Plug-in.  

What you can do if this is the case is to uninstall both the BlackBerry Web SDK and the BlackBerry Web Plug-in and then rerun the installer for ONLY the BlackBerry Web Plug-in.  This installer already has the BlackBerry Web SDK bundled within and will install as a pre-requisite when it detects that the SDK is not already on your machine.   

If this is NOT the scenario.. IE if you had already installed everything as described above let me know and we can go from there.   

Best Regards

Dave

===========================================================================
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

David Burgess
Team Lead, IDE Extensions Team
Research In Motion

Please use plain text.