Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 9300

CREATE TABLE doesn't work immediately after creating a new SQL database

[ Edited ]

I've been seeing some odd behaviors with SQL databases and I was able to confirm one of them with the full example that Eric Oros posted on Friday in a different thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/OS5-OS6-Ripple-and-Chrome-Databa...

If you run this code in Ripple and create a new database and then immediately create a Table, the table doesn't get created (no errors, it just doesn't get created).  If you create the table again, then it will work properly from then on.  To repeat the problem, you have to exit Ripple, delete the database, and then restart Ripple.  It's repeatable every time.

I found that I can also avoid this problem if I reload the page after creating the database.  It's as if the database isn't available until after the next database command.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

- WebWorks SDK 2.3.0.9

- Ripple 0.9.0.16

- Windows 7 64bit

- Simulator 6.0.0.668 (9300)
- Windows 7 64bit
- Curve 9300 with App Version: 6.0.0.668 (2949)
Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: CREATE TABLE doesn't work immediately after creating a new SQL database

Hi

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Developer
My Device: Curve 9300

I'm not sure what you mean.

When I load the code in Ripple, I press "Create Unique Database", I pause, and then I press "Create Table",

- I get "createTBL", but I don't get the "Table created successfully." message

- If I press "Insert Item", I get "Insertion failed (5): no such table: tbl_name"

- If I press "Select items", I get "Selection failed (5): no such table: tbl_name"

- If I press "Create Table" (again), I finally get "Table created successfully."

Have you tried the code?  Do get similar results or are you able to create a new database and then create a new table with this code?

- Simulator 6.0.0.668 (9300)
- Windows 7 64bit
- Curve 9300 with App Version: 6.0.0.668 (2949)
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: klarmobil

I experience the same problem. Whats wrong with this Ripple software? Creating a database and initializing it with new tables simply does not work.