Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
egenao
My Device: Not Specified

CSS on Web Browser

Hi,

How can I get my css to display in the blackberry? I'm trying to display a row of icons and the browser renders as a column instead. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: CSS on Web Browser

The Page View of the BlackBerry Browser can support horizontal scrolling in the latest version of BlackBerry handheld software.  This view is not available on all versions of BlackBerry handheld software.

Outside of the Page View, the BlackBerry will wrap a page to fit within the width of the screen.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
egenao

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Here is a link of what I'm trying to display in the browser. http://www.wsi.com/devmobi/sample/08/PB_Mobi_Site/some_css.html

Just to be sure, you are telling me if the user has the lastest blackberry software/browser the icons on this page will display side by side? and if not they will display as a column?

I there documentation on how the Blackberry browser renders css? I'm trying to layout this sample site and would like to just use css...

On another note, can I use the Blackberry simulator to display web pages? 

Thanks!

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Yes, you can use the BlackBerry Browser in the BlackBerry Simulator.  To do so you will also need to also run the MDS Simulator.

You can view CSS support supported by the BlackBerry in the BlackBerry Browser Content Developer Guide found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Browser

If the images aren't able to fit on a single line they are wrapped on a second line.  You can see a comparison by loading the page in the BlackBerry Bold simulator included in the beta release of the version 4.6 BlackBerry JDE and then an older version of BlackBerry handheld software, such as version 4.2.1.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
egenao

Thanks for much for your help! These are great support tools for web designers and developers.