Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
zambi
My Device: Not Specified

Can I dial phone number displayed on the currently viewed web page in Blackberry Web Browser?

Hello EveryOne,

I am developing and mobile web application. I was wondering if Blackberry Browser has feature that allows the user to dial any phone number displayed on the currently viewed web page simply by clicking the number similar to iPhone?

If yes, which device and how can achieve the functionality?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

Re: Can I dial phone number displayed on the currently viewed web page in Blackberry Web Browser?

Hi Zambi,

Yes this is possible. There are apparently 9 or say ways that a BlackBerry can make a Phone Call.

This needs to be done by ensuring the number is text on the Site and not a button of some kind.

BlackBerry needs to recognize the string of numbers. So when the page is loaded the number actually gets an Underline.

when highlighted the Menu will get poplated with a Call ********** 

Eg.

<html>
<body>
Tel: 09 456 321 4567
</body>
</html>

Gareth 

Please use plain text.
Developer
phannu
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can I dial phone number displayed on the currently viewed web page in Blackberry Web Browser?

Can you help me with the piece of code. My requirement is almost similar. I am displaying html content on the blackberry screen. It

contains telephone numbers. I want that it gets highlighted and i should be able to select that no and make a call.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello both of you !

first thing : you are talking about web development so your question belongs to the "web development" board and not to the "General functions & features" board. I am asking a moderator to place your question over there.

secondly : this issue was already asked and successfully answered, so if you had search the forum using the form on top of the first message of this page, you could have find it faster than waiting for someone to give you the link to that past discussion. The discussion is here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=browser_dev&message.id=1229#M1229

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.