Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
ennova2005
My Device: Not Specified

Can I launch a Webworks app that is in exited state by means of a push notification?

[ Edited ]

My webworks app can handle push notifications fine when in background or foreground.  However, push notifications seems to be queued up when the app has exited. It makes sense since there is no executing code.

When I relaunch the app, and the listener starts again all the messages do get delivered.

Is it possible to have the app process a notification receieved when the app has exited by means of a registration with the system?

If the wakeup page is the mechanism to do this, it seems not to be working in my single page app.  Can someone post sample code using the openBISListener and their  config file with all the properties that are needed for wakeup to work.  How should we specify the relative path for the html page?

Contributor
Ranaman

Re: Can I launch a Webworks app that is in exited state by means of a push notification?

Yes this can be done by leveraging the notification manager... The first time your app runs, have an extension that registers your app with this service on the device and you will be able to have incoming messages recieved and acted upon even when you application isn't running... 

Check it out: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.0.2api/net/rim/device/api/notification/NotificationsMana...

New Developer
ennova2005

Re: Can I launch a Webworks app that is in exited state by means of a push notification?

Hi

This is a question about  a webworks application, not a native java application.  Is the notification manager available to a webworks application as well?

Thanks

Contributor
Ranaman

Out of the box, no this isn't in the API's... 

But here is a community API which may work for you: https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/tree/master/Smartphone/notification

R