Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
Legogris
My Device: Not Specified

Can't enable Development Mode on Playbook Simulator

[ Edited ]

Hello,

When trying to install the Playbook Simulator under Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro under Bootcamp, I first ran into the issue of not being able to start the VM at all. I did as suggested by other people and set vmci0.present = "FALSE", which resolved the issuee and made me able to boot.

I seem to be able to turn Development Mode on, but after that there's no way to quit the settings-menu! Doing a hard reboot renders Development Mode to off, and there's no new icon in the toolbar. I installed the simulator on a friends laptop a couple of weeks ago, and that worked flawlessly. Tried reinstalling the Simulator, same result.

Something wrong with the new 03/13 release?

Any hotkeys that can help me out?

playbook.png

Attached is a screenshot of what the GUI looks like and the lack of toolbars or buttons for saving or going back.

Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl

Re: Can't enable Development Mode on Playbook Simulator

[ Edited ]

Ive found that clicking around eventually crashes the settings menu, unfortunately that also crashes the toolbar menu so you can not find the correct IP address.

If you look at your VMWare network adaptors you may be able to tell what IP address the Virtual Machine is using and submit from there, I'm not going to go down that path as I don't have the time to muck around with it.

What version of the OS and VMWare player, etc do you have?

I have this problem in: 3.1.3  on Windows 7 Ent x64, although I have a completley different problem on another comptuer with the same player and OS.

- Ryan

Developer
ryanmc
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl

Ok I am having this problem on my workstation, on my laptop I was having a different problem (with it not booting) but fixing that I had this problem.

I managed to fix it on my laptop by changing the power consumption mode from conservation to balanced.

Also make sure that hardware virtualisation is on in your BIOS.

I hope that helps for you.

- Ryan

New Contributor
clarose78
My Device: Playbook, Torch

Hi,

What you want to do is place the cursor in the black space below the settings window, and with your fingers holding down the left-mouse button drag the cursor up.

Regards,

Christian