Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
scottolle
My Device: 9700
Accepted Solution

Can't find a command reference guide for the Visual Studio plug-n

I have been working with this for about 3 days.  I have a web app I am trying to make available with a widget with the latest beta Visual Studio Plug-in.

I don't know what functions/objects and the syntax that is available to me in this plug-in.

I have worked the samples... I have this installed in a 32 bit windows 7.  I know windows 7 isn't supported yet, but it seems to be working.  I have been able to get the sample apps to work.  I can run pages from my .net web site with the 9700 simulator browser just fine.

Intellisense isn't working for me in the JavaScript... So I can't just pick around with an object browser to see what blackberry objects/functions are available inside Visual Studio 8.  I have tried reinstalling and while it will show me there is a syntax error there is no ability to look up or auto complete objects like in c#.

I have looked and looked and I can't find a command reference or something like it.  For example.  I have created menu items in my widget using the "new blackberry.ui.menu.MenuItem" variables and can call an actions.js function to print an alert, but this is only because I could find the syntax for this in the examples.  I would like to call pages from my web site from the menu items, but I can't figure this out.  I have a simple link that can pull a web page for me, but I don't know the syntax to make HTML calls from within the plugin from the black berry menu items for example.

Is there some kind of full command reference that can show me all the functions and syntax in the blackberry.io library for example?

Thank you in advance

Scott

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't find a command reference guide for the Visual Studio plug-n

Hi Scott,

In our first revision of the Plug-in we do not support Intellisense.  It is on its way but it will not make it into version 2.0.  It will be in a follow up release.

The full API reference can be found through a hyperlink on the Start Page that shows up when you first start creating a BlackBerry Widget project.  It is on the right hand side of that page.  The hyperlink goes to the following URL:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/widgetapi/

There is also a link to full widget documentation including the JavaScript API reference on the same page where the samples, tutorials and labs are.  

www.blackberry.com/developers/widget

The URL for full widget documentation can be found here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Widgets&subC...

Those links should get you started.

Cheers

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor
scottolle
My Device: 9700

Re: Can't find a command reference guide for the Visual Studio plug-n

Tim,

Thank you very much