Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't get HTML5 Audio to loop

Hi there,

Can you please provide a small code snippet that shows how you are trying to play the audio? I also am not certain that m3u is a valid filetype for audio within WebWorks. But if you are able to provide a test sample then that would allow us to verify and provide some feedback.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer
Bhaal29
My Device: curve 8520

Sure, 

I sent my config.xml and my index.html and that´s all the app, I can´t make it work, maybe it´s a matter of codecs or that the simulator does not support audio tag?? Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks, R.

oros

Hi there,

Just to confirm, which SDK are you packaging with? And which simualtor model and OS version are you testing on?

I'm seeing a few conflicting issues in the code so far.

• config.xml appears to have a wayward </script> tag near the top.
  • index.html is including webworks-1.0.2.9 (i.e. BlackBerry 10), however blackberry.audio and blackberry.audio.player are APIs only intended for BB5, BB6, and BB7. While these APIs will work in Ripple, they will not work on BB10 devices or the BB10 simulator. I don't actually see you using these APIs within your application though, so they shouldn't cause any real issues being included, but they do not benefit the applciation in any way by being listed in config.xml.

The usage of webworks-1.0.2.9.js indicates that you aren't packaging your application with the latest BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK (1.0.3.8). Also indicating you may not be using the latest BlackBerry 10 simulator (10.0.9.1101). Both of these would be recommended for testing purposes and can be downloaded here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

In addition, no webworks.js files should actually be packaged with your application. The 1.0.3.8 packager will inject the file for you. Instead of:

<script src="webworks-1.0.2.9.js"></script>

Developers should now be using (with 1.0.3.8):

<script src="local:///chrome/webworks.js"></script>

Finally, just to confirm the issue then, is it that the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha simulator is not successfully playing the following element (from index.html)?

<audio controls="controls">
	<source src="http://audio-online.net:8015/live" >
	Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer
Bhaal29

I think I have many issues wrong!

I started using the simulator for BB 10 dev Alpha two weeks ago so I got the latest versions, but I think I have to update all of them. That´s the first thing I must do before asking you anythin else.
After that I should say that I couldn´t make the audio tag work in BB10 dev alpha.
In fact, actually I have deployed the same app for the tablet and it has succeeded to deploy and sound the streaming audio.

Even when I try the BB browser from the BB10 dev alpha simulator, it doesn´t make any sound, although the same URL in the Tablet simulator does sound.

I will post another reply when I have solve the issues related to versions and the webworks script tag.

Thanks for all your help!
B.
oros

Just a quick follow-up, I've been testing <audio> tags in the Dev Alpha simulator (latest version) and I am not getting any sound. I'm not getting any errors either though.

There may be an issue with <audio> in the simulator, however I haven't been able to generate *any* sound on the simulator in fact. I've reached out to the larger team to see whether this is intended.

New Developer
Bhaal29

Thank you very much!

I really appreciate your help, and in fact makes me feel a bit better, I´m not so bad at programming as I thought!

Thanks.
oros

Seems there is a known issue with Audio in the Dev Alpha simulator. At the root, this looks like a codec issue as some people have mentioned. You can find a little more information about this here:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-408

In short though, it appears that WAV is the go-to for Dev Alpha testing (or was in the previous release), I just ran a quick test with the WAV in the noted case but still didn't get sound. Seems like this may require intervention by the Simulator development teams.

New Developer
Bhaal29

Hello oros,

Then, should I do something else or have you got in contact with them already?

Thanks again!!
oros

In this case there isn't much you can do since the issues have already been logged; we can't do much until codec support is fixed within the simulators. The best course of action would be test any audio components within Ripple, and rely on the simulator for additional functionality for now.

New Developer
Bhaal29

Thankyou again,

I will wait till the next version, then!

Best Regards, B.