Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Developer - Blackberry Mobile Application

Can we access camera in blackberry playbook using BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry® Tablet OS

Hi all,

Can we access camera in blackberry playbook using BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry Tablet OS.

Help me please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sampath

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can we access camera in blackberry playbook using BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry® Tablet OS

Yes you can.

See the "invoke" JavaScript API.  This object allows you to launch other applications from you own, such as the camera and video camera:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/webworks/api/playbook/

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Re: Can we access camera in blackberry playbook using BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry® Tablet OS

I tried it and failed miserably. May be you should see this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/invoking-browser-on-playbook/td-p/767097

thanks

yosoh.

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This could be simply because the simulator doesn't have any applications loaded onto it including the camera application.  On a physical device the camera application does launch.

The PlayBook team is working on getting simulators that have more applications loaded on them so that they can be used with the AIR and web APIs

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
Developer

yes you are right , there are no native apps, I hope atleast we get some before march 15.

thanks

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();