Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Can we use iframes in html5 apps for BB 7.0 OS Apps ? Will it really support for one of my web app in which I want to hide the addressbar or the url completely

Can we use iframes in html5 apps for BB 7.0 OS Apps ?  Will it really support for one of my web app in which I want to hide the addressbar or the url completely

How to use iframes

1) In order to hide / mask the url

2) Change my orginal url in the browser and replace with other url so that users cant se my real url

3)To hide the addressbar

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can we use iframes in html5 apps for BB 7.0 OS Apps ? Will it really support for one of my web app in which I want to hide the addressbar or the url completely

iFrames are supported in BB7, however I usually try and avoid them.  Devs exepect to use them as an embedded browser and very rarely does the internet fit in such a container (or behave entirely as expected).

Are you building a WebWorks app, or a native-hybrid-webview app?  If so there should be no address bar at all for the URL you are displaying.  If you want your users to see remote URL content, perhaps just point them at that site URL from inside your app?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Re: Can we use iframes in html5 apps for BB 7.0 OS Apps ? Will it really support for one of my web app in which I want to hide the addressbar or the url completely

Yes Iam building webworks app i.e html5 app for BB7.

I dont want to show my url to the users   which is parsed from the xmlaspx file in the .js .

Mine is Live TV app where users click on image and it goes to the browser and then plays the video.

I dont want the url to be shown in the browser or any dummy url to be  shown.