Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
r3viswan
My Device: 9860
Accepted Solution

Cannot Package and Launch from Ripple Emulator

Hi,

I am able to build and verify my app using the Ripple Emulator. When I attempt to deploy the app onto my PlayBook, I am informed that the build succeeded. I can also see the bar file successfully created in the output folder. However, I don't see the app on my PlayBook.

I have confirmed that my debug tokens have not expired and I have also verified to make sure that development mode is on and the device password is correct. I have also verified that the Ripple Emulator settings for IP address match the one on the device. I am using the developer beta version of the OS (2.1.0.560) and using the standalone Ripple Emulator (not chrome extension). I am developing using the Tablet OS SDK as BB10 sdk currently does not have support for directory and file api calls.

I'm not sure what else to try as I'm not getting any error messages and the app appears to have been built fine but fails to install/launch.

Raj

Contributor
r3viswan

Re: Cannot Package and Launch from Ripple Emulator

I'm still having this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not quite sure what else to try. 

Developer
nunodonato
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha

Hi!

Never used Ripple to package and deploy, and probably it's not related but... you really should be using the latest version of Ripple (which is chrome extension).

Why don't you try to build it and deploy it manually, just to make sure where the problem really is?

Nuno
theBBthing.wordpress.com - my BlackBerry development blog: news, tips and tutorials
bitoutsidethebox.com - re-imagining digital solutions

Contributor
r3viswan

Thanks for the help Nuno. I can't use the chrome extension of Ripple because the requirements state that its exclusively for the BB10 sdk. My current development is for the Tablet SDK because my application requires acess to the file and directory APIs which are currently not available in the BB10 SDK. 

I did make some progress though. I was able to get my application launched in the playbook emulator running OS 1.0.7.2942 but still doesn't launch on my PlayBook running OS 2.0. I'm wondering if there's something special with the tablet SDK that needs to be configured for OS 2.0.

Raj

Developer
nunodonato
My Device: Curve 9360, Playbook, BB10 Dev Alpha

That's not correct.

The new Ripple is the only that supports BB10, but all other SDKs are present too. That's what I use daily :smileyhappy:

Nuno
theBBthing.wordpress.com - my BlackBerry development blog: news, tips and tutorials
bitoutsidethebox.com - re-imagining digital solutions

Contributor
r3viswan

[ Edited ]

Hi Nuno,

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to package with the chrome extension as well but it still wouldn't launch on the playbook. However, I was able to find a workaround. If I manually package and install from the commandline using bbwp and blackberry-deploy, it seems to work fine. I can live with that for the time being.

Thanks,

Raj

Update: The issue with the Ripple emulator is also resolved thanks to this thread.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Cannot-install-with-Ripple-plug-...