07-07-2012 05:17 PM
I am able to build and verify my app using the Ripple Emulator. When I attempt to deploy the app onto my PlayBook, I am informed that the build succeeded. I can also see the bar file successfully created in the output folder. However, I don't see the app on my PlayBook.
I have confirmed that my debug tokens have not expired and I have also verified to make sure that development mode is on and the device password is correct. I have also verified that the Ripple Emulator settings for IP address match the one on the device. I am using the developer beta version of the OS (220.127.116.110) and using the standalone Ripple Emulator (not chrome extension). I am developing using the Tablet OS SDK as BB10 sdk currently does not have support for directory and file api calls.
I'm not sure what else to try as I'm not getting any error messages and the app appears to have been built fine but fails to install/launch.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-10-2012 07:59 PM
Never used Ripple to package and deploy, and probably it's not related but... you really should be using the latest version of Ripple (which is chrome extension).
Why don't you try to build it and deploy it manually, just to make sure where the problem really is?
07-10-2012 08:06 PM
Thanks for the help Nuno. I can't use the chrome extension of Ripple because the requirements state that its exclusively for the BB10 sdk. My current development is for the Tablet SDK because my application requires acess to the file and directory APIs which are currently not available in the BB10 SDK.
I did make some progress though. I was able to get my application launched in the playbook emulator running OS 18.104.22.16842 but still doesn't launch on my PlayBook running OS 2.0. I'm wondering if there's something special with the tablet SDK that needs to be configured for OS 2.0.
07-10-2012 08:07 PM
07-11-2012 09:11 AM - edited 07-11-2012 11:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I was able to package with the chrome extension as well but it still wouldn't launch on the playbook. However, I was able to find a workaround. If I manually package and install from the commandline using bbwp and blackberry-deploy, it seems to work fine. I can live with that for the time being.
Update: The issue with the Ripple emulator is also resolved thanks to this thread.