Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot click on Tel: links in framed web site on 4.6

We are upgrading the BlackBerry phones in our company. The new phones are running OS version 4.6.

Our Intranet telephone directory works fine on the older phones, but on the new phones you cannot click on the Tel: links to dial the numbers.

The Intranet application runs inside a frame, which makes the entry point the same for all devices, but redirects to the appropriate application within the frame.

When I remove the frame and go to the application directly on the new phone, the Tel: links work fine.

All the older phones I can link to the Tel: numbers even when it is running inside a frame.

Is this another bug with 4.6? Is there any workaround other than removing the frame?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Cannot click on Tel: links in framed web site on 4.6

Phone numbers are automatically converted to links in the browser - there's no need to use Tel links.  Try it without them.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you can use the wtai:// URI scheme for that. Some information available here :
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devjournals/resources/journals/oct_2004/wml_101.jsp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

jwargo wrote:
Phone numbers are automatically converted to links in the browser - there's no need to use Tel links.  Try it without them.
So, I am having the same problem trying to create a dialing string that allows me to single click on to a conference call.  I had been using the tel: prefix, but now that doesn't work.  can you clarify this advise on how to get phone numbers converted into links in the browser?

Here is an example of what used to work(I would embed an in email invite)...I could go to the email or calendar appt and the entire sequence was underlined and clickable...by clicking, the bb would dial the number, then the conference id, then the security code, with prompts between:

US: tel:1-555-531-3255!8335033#!#!9582# 

Thanks,
Phil