Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Cannot download the SDK or plugins...

I am on a 2mbps connection and am getting only 6-7kbps download speed when downloading the webworks SDK or the eclipse plugin files. Plus often the download suddenly ends before completion - sometimes after 4-5 hours of starting download.

What makes this even more agonizing is that there is no resuming the download, so I have to restart everytime. I have transferred 14gb+ data in the past 2 weeks and have not been able to download even one complete eclipse setup file or the sdk.

These files are not available for download anywhere else - trust me I have been looking for the past 15 days now Smiley Sad

Faster download speeds from the blackberry servers would be great but alternate download links which support resuming would help too. 

Right now am so frustated that am seriously considering abandoning BB development...

Would someone please help with this problem? 

New Contributor
My Device: 9000, 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Cannot download the SDK or plugins...

Same here! It takes forever to download and if it is not finished within 2 hours the download simply die. And almost any download is “setup.exe” which makes finding it later a mess.

I know you have to register to download but guys ’come on!

New Contributor

hello blackberry support,

no response yet...

New Contributor

It worked, but with a trick Smiley Wink Looks like blackberry (or Akamai why do you guys are not using Amazons AWS??)

Use Opera browser for your download. After the download starts press right mouse key and select "Reload every -> 5 Minutes"

This keeps the session up to date.

I still don't know why the download is so slow here in Europe. BB should switch to a different CDN.

New Contributor

thanks for the tip Smiley Happy

will try right now

New Contributor

Opera worked...but after quitting the download thrice. Fourth time lucky though it took over 5 hours for 320MB Smiley Sad

Also, it worked after I disabled the 5 min refresh of the the page...so not sure about this.

Blackberry should do dometing about these problems - I would assume the last thing they want to do right now is to drive away devs! Apple or Android dev tools are a breeze to download and most are available at multiple sites / torrents.

But to each his own...

New Contributor

glad it worked out!