Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
dbellenger
My Device: Bold 9700

Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys

Today I updated to the new SDK and I'm having issues with signing the applications. I've downloaded three sets of keys that I installed under preferences and have included all three csi's. I have the sigtool.csk and sigtool.db in the following folder:

C:\Development\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.browser.tools.wcpc_2.0.0.201103231828-18\wcpc\bin

Any thoughts? I should also note that this app is using phonegap, so I followed instructions here as well.

http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/31930982/Getting%20Started%20with%20PhoneGap%20BlackBerry%20WebWorks...

Thanks for any ideas!

Doug

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys

When you say that you have updated to the new SDK, which version have you updated to?  

Also, you show a path for the Eclipse plug-in directory.  The Eclipse plug-in is not compatible with the latest SDK so I'm guessing you installed the latest SDK somewhere else on your system than the file path you posted.

Some more clarification would help us get to the root of the issue.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
dbellenger

Thanks! Knowing that the SDK is not supported by the plug-in helps. The SDK is in the folder for c:\development\bbwp. I was able to run the build from cmd, per the instructions on this page (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/download/sdk), but I wasn't prompted for a password here either and it failed on the device. Should I be using a different command?

New Contributor
dbellenger

I figured it out. Because I had added the keys under the incompatible Eclipse plugin, the sigtool.csk, sigtool.db and sigtool.set were not in the bin folder for the SDK. I added those and ran the build via command line and everything worked as expected. It also worked from Eclipse after it was added to the sdk bin. 

New Contributor
ravi-kyaliapps
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha

Same Issue has come up for me

Before Updating SDK

1. Make Sure the JAVA_HOME in Environment is pointing to right directory

2. AdobeAIR SDK is installed.

3. Backup the Signing keys

After updating SDK

1.Copy the backed p12, csk and db certificates to folders

2.If you applied and got new keys. Remove the old certificates from these directories before installing them.

3. Author.p12 should be Changed to sigtool.p12 everywhere

That should sign the application

Since I have spent  considerable time today doing the same. I have given the way I got it.

There is one Blackberry Graphical Aid, which seems to be new. But it does not work for me still