Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Strahdt
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Cant run my signed Blackberry WebWorks Application in emulator

I am trying to develop an Blackberry WebWorks Application in Eclipse 3.6(Helios).

Sun JDK, Apache Ant and Blackberry Web and WebWorks SDK Plug-Ins for Eclipse are installed and cunfigured properly.

I got the sign keys from blackberry and installed them to Eclipse and created a new BlackBerry Webworks Application (Hello World) without any problem.

But when I try run the application in Blackberry Simulator, Eclipse sings the application with my keys properly and emulator starts. But neither my application starts nor I can find it in anywhere in emulator.

When I try to the install signed cod file in my phone, I can install and see it in my phone but this time it doesnt start at all.

I am really stucked at this point. An help would appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
shnuffy
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Cant run my signed Blackberry WebWorks Application in emulator

Doesn't really help your issue, but the Eclipse plug-ins have been End-of-Lifed for quite a while now and so there's almost nobody using them. 

The official development method now is through the Ripple emulator and your favorite text editor. There is a lot of discussion on that matter in these forums, if you care to search. 

As for your issue specifically, I can't help.

New Contributor
Strahdt

You actually helped though.

Started using Ripple Emulator and I can work with it like a miracle and test my application.

The problem here is I was redirected to totally wrong way of developing because PhoneGap's website.

Thanks again.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Can you provide any links to the PhoneGap docs where you received this misinformation?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
Strahdt

The links I was directed from, phonegap's website are as follows:

- http://phonegap.com/start#blackberry (Getting started Page with PhoneGap Blackberry section bottom line)

- http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/31930982/Getting-Started-with-PhoneGap-BlackBerry-WebWorks

(Wikipedia getting started with Blackberry Webworks Detailed)

I started development from PhoneGap' website because my first intention is to check out how easy is the development and setting up the development enviroment in Phonegap.

It is easy for me to work on eclipse which is I got used to develop alot in years and I also can work "offline" without any local server even and I can develop my html 5 - js application like a standalone application.

I even manage to convert one my games in cod format and on my torch 9810 it is working really great.

The thing here is the information at PhoneGap's website is deadly outdated including blackberry section and you need to do the set up  development enviroment with your logic because lots of things changed.

But when I try to set up phonegap for blackberry webworks development on eclipse to my colleague'S computer.

I managed to make the set up phase like I did for myself however I am getting the problem I talked about in my first post. And this makes me think about how reliable is this development tecnique with outdated development tools and misinformation.

Ripple works good but it is a simulator and I need a development enviroment like Blackberry Webworks for Eclipse so I can sign my application and get my (.cod or .bar ) extension file easily.

At this point I cant work with ripple. And I also dont trust phonegap at all.

Thanks in advance.