Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
tiggyboo
My Device: Not Specified

Capturing user credentials

I'm in a corporate environment using BES.  Is there for a way for me to capture user credentials for identification purposes via a web interface... e.g., environmental variables or whatever?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Capturing user credentials

Capture user credentials? Like in snooping them - grabbing them as they go through the MDS server?

If I understand you correctly - You could put a sniffer on the network connection between the MDS server and the web server and get them. Not possible between the device and the MDS Server. Use HTTPS to protect yourself from this.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

BTW - getting them with the sniffer works only if they're not encrypted or encoded in transmission.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
tiggyboo
My Device: Not Specified

Nothing too diabolical - just need the ID they use in our corporate network that authenticates against LDAP, etc.  It's so they can retrieve data specific to their account without logging in twice.  In many programming languages such an ID becomes a session/environmental variable - was hoping this might be true for blackberry web development as well.

Al 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

I thought perhaps that was what you were trying to do. One of the things you can do is configure MDS to put the device PIN and/or email address into the header - so you can retrieve that from the request and validate the user on the back-end.

You probably want to start looking here:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800792/801079/How_To_...

Don't forget kudos or to mark a post when you receive the solution.

Please use plain text.