Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
pixelwiz

Change hover color for links in Blackberry Browser

Hi all,

I've developed a web app for the blackberry that is meant to be used outside.  So I had to go with a black background white text and yellowish links to make it a little easier to see outside.

Now the problem is, when the links are selected, they do change color from yellow to white and there is a gray hover box around the seleted one, however, the change is pretty subtle and hard to see outside.  

Does anyone know, is there a CSS property or JavaScript or something that can be changed to set the color of that hover bux and text color for selected link in the Blackberry Browser?  I've tried a:hover and such with no success.

Also, is there any way to make a link work like a submit button, like when a link is  licked the user automatically goes to that link, not bring up the menu that asks whether to get that link or do something else?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Change hover color for links in Blackberry Browser

all this depends on the BlackBerry browser version. What is the version of your target clients ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
pixelwiz

Re: Change hover color for links in Blackberry Browser

It's for Blackberry 8700 v4.2.1.107.  Not sure if there is an actual browser version, but it will be used in the Blackberry Browsers.

Thanks

Please use plain text.