Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
sergioadevita
My Device: Developer

Clock and Alarm App

Im trying to make some kind of clock aplication with alarms, but I can't find the API to manage alarms or notifications. I'll make this App for playbook.

Hope someone can help me.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Re: Clock and Alarm App

Hi there,

If you come to the point where the SDK API's doesn't exist, you can always create your own custom extension.  For the PlayBook these would be written in Adobe Air.

Here's a link to our "template" extension which you can use as a starting point.

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/tree/master/Tablet/TEMPLATE

There are also other examples in that repository which you can use for reference.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
New Contributor
sergioadevita
My Device: Developer

Srry, i missed to say that i'll make it in HTML 5, do you know something?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Yes, same answer :smileyhappy:

In a WebWorks app you can use native extensions to extend functionality.  On the PlayBook these native extensions are written in Air.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro