Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
codewarrior_777
My Device: BB 10 Simulator
My Carrier: ATT

Code signing on a Mac in Terminal

I've installed the Blackberry 10 SDK using the instructions here:  

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/#blackberry10

However, I'm having trouble getting my Macbook configured to code sign future apps. I'm trying to port an HTML5 Web App built with jQuery Mobile to Blackberry 10 using Phonegap. 

I'm following the instructions here on how to do it:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

It seems that these directions are for development on Windows. Are there any instructions to do it in Terminal on a Mac?

This is the way I'm doing it in Terminal: 

blackberry-signer –register –csjpin <MY_PIN> –storepass <MY_PASSWORD> /Users/HAL9000/Documents/Blackberry\ Keys/BlackBerry\ 10\ and\ Playbook/client-RDK-1951327.csj /Users/HAL9000/Documents/Blackberry\ Keys/BlackBerry\ 10\ and\ Playbook/client-PBDT-1951327.csj

I get this error when trying to do it this way from the instructions on the site:

-bash: blackberry-signer: command not found

Please help!

Thanks in advance!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Code signing on a Mac in Terminal

Did you change to the directory where blackberry-signer is located?

For me it is at (the default location):
/Developer/SDKs/Research in Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.5/dependencies/tools/bin

and you should be running:
./blackberry-signer –register –csjpin <MY_PIN> –storepass <MY_PASSWORD> /Users/HAL9000/Documents/Blackberry\ Keys/BlackBerry\ 10\ and\ Playbook/client-RDK-1951327.csj /Users/HAL9000/Documents/Blackberry\ Keys/BlackBerry\ 10\ and\ Playbook/client-PBDT-1951327.csj

The ./ is important.
--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777

Thanks! This was helpful, but the code signing and registering process for BB 10 apps is dreadful. This is taking WAY too long and the documentation is all over the place. 

I was able to generate the barsigner.csk and barsigner.db and output.p12, but the output.bar file didn't for some reason (probably cause I'm doing thing out of order now from the fragmented docs). I did register the CSJ files with the server using the directions from here.

I'm at this step, but don't have a output.bar file, so I'm stuck at this point. Is this a file created after compling an app with the WebWorks SDK?

./blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file
password> <BAR_file.bar> author

ATTN:  Blackberry Team:

The documentation for doing this is REALLY terrible if you are trying to attract new developers. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Did you follow these steps? Thes is the official documentation for code signing. https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup_bb10_apps_2008396_11.html

If you have your  barsigner.csk and barsigner.db and output.p12 then you should be able o sign your actual app and see what it does.

I didn't read the whole thread you linked to so I am not sure if you were trying to solve another problem but I have never done steps 6 and 7 mentioned in that thread (they are for playbook not BB10). I always follow the process at https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_your_bb10_app_2008398_11.html for BB10 and have had no issues signing apps.

R

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777

Yes, I did follow those steps, however, I had to follow t...

Yes, I did follow those steps, however, I had to follow the additional steps in the link I posted for me to launch my app in the simulator and to get all the output files. 

I'm trying to launch the Hello World - Phonegap/Cordova example. According to the Terminal, it was succesfully installed. I see the icon on the homescreen of the simulator but doesn't launch when I press the icon. It just hangs, and it shows the Blackberry 10 screen. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trongbangvp
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 016 83277897

Re: Yes, I did follow those steps, however, I had to follow t...

In the past, i could not signed bar file from Unity3d. But i don't know now i can easily sign bar file with this method (Terminal of Mac OS):

--------------------------------------

Sign the file 'application.bar' using the password 'rocket11' to retrieve the CSK file
and developer certificate:
blackberry-signer -storepass rocket11 application.bar

Verifies the 'application.bar' is properly signed:
blackberry-signer -verify application.bar

---------------------------------------

Please use plain text.