Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Compiling a BB7 app with Ripple on Mac OS X

Hi,

Everyone I am trying to compile a webWorks app for BB OS 7 on Mac OS X. I hit 'Package and Sign' and I get an error indicating that .DS_Store is not a valid resource. Apprarently '_' are a NO-GO for webworks. Problem is as soon as I delete them, MAC OS X puts them back.

Does anyone know how to get around this? Perhaps we can create a JIRA for this?

Alon

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Compiling a BB7 app with Ripple on Mac OS X

hey araskin,

what version of Ripple are you running? I do webworks for BB10 but the same process should work. I have .DS_Store files also in my folders where I compil -- I just assume ripple was smart enough to ignore those files.  The most current version is 0.9.12. Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer

Hi JRab,

I have the latest Ripple. When I compile for BB10 it works great but when I compile for BB6/7 that is when I get these errors.
Developer

Ahh i see -- are you familiar with terminal on the mac?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer

I am.
Developer

[ Edited ]

WARNING: Removals made via Terminal are irreversible. Means they do not go to the trash bin.

That being said, try and follow this post made a while ago -- it may be that the mac os is replacing all of your delete .ds_store files as a "feature". If you delete via terminal it shouldn't replace them. Also just double check before hitting enter in case you delete stuff you need. Back up. Apply to all directories that have the .ds_store that you want to package:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/webworks-compile-sketchPad-examp...

Good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Developer

Are you referring to this?

find . -name '*.DS_Store' -type f -delete