Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
rpollers
My Device: 8520

Compiling a working WebWorks app on new SDK 2.3.1.5 throws net.rim.blackberry.api.bbm.platform.settingsmanager

Hi there,

When I compile a WebWorks app that worked fine with SDK 2.1 on the new SDK 2.3.1.5 it throws the error: "class net.rim.blackberry.api.bbm.platform.settingsmanager not found" on a 9900, OS7 simulator.

I notice a piece in the release notes that says:

The BBM APIs have been upgraded to take advantage of BBM 6.1:

• The new Settings API allows applications to read BBM options for the application, such as whether the profile box is displayed.

Surely the new settings api would not just throw an error on OS7 devices that have an older version of BBM on it, right ? I even updated the BBM to 

Does anyone know ? I also notice that you can't upgrade the BBM on a simulator. When it finished installing you have to reboot the sim and when it boots up, the BBM version is back at 6.0.0.xxx

R

Please use plain text.
Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha

Re: Compiling a working WebWorks app on new SDK 2.3.1.5 throws net.rim.blackberry.api.bbm.platform.settingsmanager

Download the latest simulator and make sure that the vmware files are given write options.

Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Compiling a working WebWorks app on new SDK 2.3.1.5 throws net.rim.blackberry.api.bbm.platform.settingsmanager

rpollers - sorry you didn't get a reply to this post.

The error message indicates the BBM dependency that the SDK relies on (the updated BBM client) was not found on the device.  After installing the new BBM client it could require a device restart for the APIs to become recognized.  Otherwise I suspect the wrong version of the BBM client remains on the device.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.